Why Choose Us
A Respected Neutral Arbitral Institution With A Record of Enforcement
Established in 1991 as a not for profit non-governmental organisation, the SIAC has a proven track record in providing neutral arbitration services to the global business community. SIAC arbitration awards have been enforced by the courts of Australia, China (Hong Kong), India, Indonesia and the USA amongst other New York Convention countries.
An International Organisation With A Global Outlook
- SIAC is headed by an international Board of Directors comprising the world’s foremost arbitration practitioners from: Australia, India, Korea, Singapore, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the USA who bring a wealth of international arbitration experience from civil and common law jurisdictions to the SIAC.
- The Board is supported by an international Council of Advisors, comprising respected eminent leaders of the international arbitration community who offer their expertise on current issues and developments.
- The centre hosts an experienced international panel of over 320 expert arbitrators from 31 jurisdictions.
- SIAC hosts a Secretariat comprising experienced lawyers qualified in China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, The United Kingdom and The USA. Our team fosters an outlook that reflects the global business origins of our users.
- 85% of SIAC’s caseload is international in nature. In 45% of the new cases for 2009 SIAC was called upon to provide arbitration services to parties who had no connection to Singapore at all.
- The SIAC Rules are tested and designed by leading practitioners in the international arbitration world in consultation with our users, resulting in rules that span civil and common law perspectives.
SIAC Facilitates The Efficient Resolution of Your Dispute
- We provide the certainty of established and tested Rules, so there is less risk of tactical delay or obstruction of the process.
- We appoint arbitrators where the parties are unable to agree under the SIAC Rules, UNCITRAL Rules and ad hoc cases. Appointments are made on the basis of our specialist knowledge of the arbitrator’s expertise, attributes and track record. Click here to view our panel of arbitrators.
- There are strict standards of admission for the SIAC Arbitrator Panel. The quality control of our arbitrators, results in less risk of challenges and delay.
- We negotiate and fix the terms of appointment of arbitrators.
- Our full time staff manage all the financial aspects of the arbitration including:
- Regular rendering of accounts.
- Collecting deposits towards the costs of the arbitration
- Processing the tribunals’ fees and expenses.
- Our transparent financial management of the case according to published guidelines provides legal representatives the ability to provide accurate cost projection, timescales, and costs for each stage or the arbitration process to their clients.
- We arrange all the logistics, facilities and services for hearings at state of the art premises in Maxwell Chambers which hosts 14 hearing rooms and 12 meeting rooms.
- We supervise and monitor the progress of the case. The momentum is not just dependent upon the cooperation of the parties.
- We scrutinise the arbitral award, thus enforcement problems are less likely.
- SIAC‘s administration fees are competitive in comparison with all the major international arbitration institutions. Click here to estimate your fees.